[Zope] Custom 404 html message

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:45:06 +0000

Richard Barrett wrote:

> I take it this is the ZPT whose description and examples of use feature so
> strongly in all of the books on Zope that have been published to date.

Well look, if you wanna make an unmaintainable mess that comes back to bite you
next time your employer asks you for something on short notice, then stick with
DTML, I'm just trying to help you out.

No, it doesn't feature in any paper books currently published (well, that's
actually not true, it's in at least one or two of the Zope books I've seen) but
that's 'cos they were all written about 6 months ago.

It does have plenty of examples (including Peter's guide to turning common DTML
idioms into ZPT) and the language reference in the wiki is all I've needed.

> What was that you said? Oh, you mean that I have to spend _all_ my time
> keeping abreast of where Zope is going and all of its great new
> developments and shouldn't be doing anything else.

It's not like I suggested you should be using Zope 3 or something. If you wanna
be sarcy, then fine, but don't expect much help from people who aren't getting
paid to answer questions on this list in future.

cheers,

Chris