[Zope] CUF, XUF, and the Redmond Axis of Evil

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:33:04 +0100

darrylc wrote:
> Thank you, Dieter.
>
> Sorry for writing to your directly on this, but I am in a bit of a time
> crunch and I am trying to sell zope to my managers. But if it this is not
> going to work with IE it is a show-stopper. I have writttn Jens V. (author
> of CUF) also, but he could offer no help as he is a Mac/UNIX guy too. So
> am I, but somehow I get stuck aiding the unwashed Windows massess.
>
> I a am Galeon fan myself, but unfortunately most of the people hitting my
> site are going to be using the evil, but pervasive, IE.
>
> Thanks for your comment.

Couldn't you try to debug the problem? I see two possibilities.

* Configure IE to always ask for cookies, it will then give you the
possibility to look at the details of that cookie (path, expires, etc).

* use something like tcpwatch (search zope.org) to monitor the http
traffic between the browser and zope.

cheers,
oliver