[Zope] quote escaping in DTML

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:33:50 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Milos Prudek writes:
>  > ... quoting ' ...
> You can use triple quotes to enclose your string.
> Such strings may contain single quotes unless they are at the start
> or end of the string or happen to be three in a row:
>
>    '''This is a triple quoted string. It may contain '.'''

You are right.

But I found out that this advice can't be used in this particular case,
because DTML rendering is impossible INSIDE the tag tag.

In practical example:

<dtml-var "tag(name=name, alt=name, onMouseOut='MM_swapImgRestore()',
          onMouseOver='''MM_swapImage('<dtml-var fld>','','',0)''')">

Here, <dtml-var fld> is not rendered but is reprinted verbatim. It's
logical - you can't call <dtml-var> from <dtml-var>.... :-)

Can you see any other way except reconstructing IMG SRC like I did in my
post of Feb 6 2002 ?

--
Milos Prudek