[Zope] FTP/WebDAV editing in version (proposed interface)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:39:48 +0100

Marcin Kasperski writes:
 > I would really love to edit zope objects via FTP or WebDAV within the
 > version. I know that it is possible to hack z2.py this way, but this is
 > unelegant and troublesome on updates.
 >
 > And ... there is in Zope similar problem with perfect solution: changing
 > URLs and VirtualHostMonster. And one could do almost the same.
 >
 > Would be really nice if editing
 >
 > ftp://my.zope.site:8021/_Version_/SomeVersionName/some/document
 > or even
 > ftp://my.zope.site:8021/SomeVersionName/some/document
 >
 > changed /some/document withing version SomeVersionName (created on the
 > top Zope level).
The first variant should be easy with a SiteAccess AccessRule (--> Zope.org).

The second should be very difficult, as there seems to be not
easy way to distinguish between version controlled access and
direct (without version) access.

Dieter