[Zope] dynamic format strings (was: using let and fmt)

Matt Gregory matthew.gregory@skyleach.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:44:11 -0500

I'm pretty knew to python, so I was looking at the problem from a strictly
dtml perspective.  Your solution will work nicely...

> I'm not exactly sure what kind of formatting you want to do, but you can
> do it the standard python way -

Specifically, I'm changing the links in a bunch of JavaScript arrays based
on a get method parameter defining the portlet retrieving the JavaScript.
There are possibly 8 portlets retrieving the JavaScript, so the links change
for each portlet.  For that reason I wanted to be able to dynamically format
the string resulting from the portlet name and get method parameters.