[Zope] new to zope: security question

Paul Worona worona+@pitt.edu
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:16:48 +0500 (EST)

I am new to Zope and trying to set up a role that restricts access to=20
certain object types.  I was able to set up the desired security, but, bu=
t=20
when I tried to restrict access to particular documents that the role sti=
ll=20
had access to, the role was no longer able to access the management=20
screens.  Furthermore, I have not been able to reset this security=20
setting.  Specifically, when I restricted access to the management screen=
=20
for the index_html at the root level, the role was blocked not only from=20
root level management screens, but from all sub folder management screens=
=20
as well.  Resetting the security to the index_html file has not solved th=
e=20
problem.

I have searched the Zope web site for more information, but haven=92t bee=
n=20
able to find anything pertaining to this.  Does anyone have any thoughts =
on=20
what I might be missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Paul