[Zope] Upgrade Zope 2.1.1 to Current - Suggestions???

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:09:34 +0100

Robert Geiger writes:
 > On Saturday 23 February 2002 11:21 am, Paul Erickson wrote:
 > Are you saying, basically, that I should upgrade to 2.2, and then upgrade to
 > the latest?
No, surely, Paul didn't meant this.

   But Zope 2.2 contained drastic changes with respect to the security
   policy. Any upgrade from before 2.2 to something after 2.2
   needs to take this into consideration.

   As you probably understand, upgrade and installation instructions
   can not accumulate information for all old Zope versions.
   Thus, the upgraders of old versions need to read old instructions.

But, you go directly to the latest Zope version.
When you get strange security exceptions, you read the "upgrade to 2.2"
and the Zope Security Policy document (developped for 2.2; maybe meanwhile
upgraded).

 > Would you recommend Zope 2.4 of 2.5?
Zope 2.5 with Python 2.1.2!
Zope 2.4/Python 2.1.1 contains quite a few problems with memory management.

Dieter