[Zope] another one

D. Rick Anderson ruger@comnett.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:56:59 -0800 (PST)

------=_JIB.,j:G1Uv?Qv69/OiYjtO)5Dp3rNJ1x(Y(L'C6Dt=lW.WKVpi-3Fpi.bPQ

I'm trying to reformat a date that I'm getting from our Sybase server. I
get it in yyyy/mm/dd format and I'm trying to change it to mm/dd/yyyy
format. I've created a DTML method called fixDate that looks like this:

<dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('date', _.str(date))">
<dtml-let newDate="date.split('/')" month="newDate[1]" day="newDate[2]"
year="newDate[0]">
<dtml-var month>/<dtml-var day>/<dtml-var year>
</dtml-let>

It works if I call http://www.ourdomain.com/fixDate?date=2002/12/25, but
if I try to use it from a DTML document I get:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'REQUEST' is not defined

If I take out the first line then I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: split

which is what prompted me to put it in to begin with. Any ideas?

TIA

Rick

------=_JIB.,j:G1Uv?Qv69/OiYjtO)5Dp3rNJ1x(Y(L'C6Dt=lW.WKVpi-3Fpi.bPQ

DQo=