[Zope] unbound method error with ZPT

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:23:22 +0100

Peter Bengtsson writes:
 > Everything used to work fine but now I get a weird error message in my METAL macros Page Template.
 >
 > <!-- Page Template Diagnostics
 >  Compilation failed
 >  exceptions.TypeError: unbound method must be called with class instance 1st argument
 > -->
 >
 > No line number, so I started removing things until I came to an odd conclusion.
 > That this does NOT work:

 > BUT, this works:
Fortunately, this is not a general problem!
I use lots of "here.APythonScript()" that work perfectly.

The code, you show us, should not affect compilation at all
as the "tal:replace" attributes are not evaluated during
compilation...

If your problem is reproducible with a few objects, you can
send me a zexp, tar or zip archive and I, too, will try
to reproduce the problem.

Dieter