[Zope] Saving files to zope using Dreamweaver?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:45:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Enoch Norton wrote:

> I am a really new user of Zope. In going through the Zope book I am stumped
> in the following section. I seem to be missing some very important key piece
> of information. I have tried to save my Dreamweaver templates to the
> ../index_html/source.html. However because index_html is not a folder the
> ftp client in Dreamweaver will not allow me to access the url. I guess I
> don't understand how one is supposed to save a file to a URL when the
> file.Save As.. option is dependent upon directories. If anyone has some
> insight to offer please let me know.
>

> **** Cut From Zope Book*** Using Zope Page Templates
>
> Now, log into your Zope and create a folder called FileLib. In this folder,
> create a Page Template called index_html by selecting Page Template from the
> add menu, specifying the Id index_html in the form, and clicking Add.
>
> ????????????????????? I don't understand this section ??????????????????
>
> Now, with your HTML editor, save the above HTML to the URL of the index_html
> Page Template followed by /source.html, for example,
> http://localhost:8080/FileLib/index_html/source.html. Notice that the URL to
> save the index_html page ends in source.html. Because Page Templates are
> dynamic, you need a way to edit the raw source of the template, unrendered
> by the page template language. Appending source.html to a Page Template
> gives you this raw source. Note, if the content-type of your page is
> text/xml then you'll use source.xml, rather than source.html.
> ???????????????????????????

Strange/interesting advice. Does anyone on this list do this?

I just (a) run WebDAV source on Zope under port 9800 (-W 9800 in start
script) and (b) connected with WebDAV client (like Dreamweaver) to that
port. So instead of writing to

  http://localhost:8080/FileLib/index_html/source.html

I'm writing to

  http://localhost:9800/FileLib/index_html

and things work fine (except, of course, for the fact that non-managers
can't seem to do this, regardless of what permissions I give them. Sigh.
See my message from earlier this week about ZPT, WebDAV, and non-managers)

HTH,
--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant