[Zope] can't add back "title" to object?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:26:10 +0100

Chris Ryland writes:
 > I've got a folder from which I (mistakenly) deleted the "title" property.
 >
 > When I try to add it back (title / string / <string value>), I get a Zope
 > error: "Bad request / invalid or duplicate property id".
 >
 > This is probably a Zope-for-Dummies-style question, but I'm a little
 > stumped. (A quick Google search turned up nothing, though perhaps I'm not
 > looking correctly.)
No, it is a bug/weakness in Zope (explained in another thread
--> mailing list archives).

Probably your best option:
   make a new folder, copy all content from the old
   folder into the new folder, delete the old folder.

When you are proficient with Python, there is an alternative:
   you can temporarily eliminate the duplicate id check
   in "PropertyManager.addProperty"
   and add the title property again.

Dieter