[Zope] WYSIWYG browser front end?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:12:48 +0100

Hi!

Kontentor from iuveno is what you are looking for. Preview logins are
available on request. It has a browser-independent frontend for anything but
WYSIWYG text editing. For that it uses the richtext editor or, as a
platform-independent alternative, the commercial Java-based editor from
RealObjects. It is not really for free, but it should be affordable in most
cases.

Kontentor is based on SmartSections, Formulator, and a couple of other Zope
products.

We are implementing it for two universities right now. The code itself is
open source, but we can not give too much support for free, as the two
customers who pay for it have priority. The simple deal is: Either pay for
the support or significantly contribute to the project. Contributors will
get (at least some) support for free.

See http://www.realobjects.de/ for the RealObjects editor ...

>  SmartSections looks interesting but, we would need something more
> developed (the demo crashed several times when editing text to the
> "Header" section of a table...).

The version used in the online demo is very old. And tables are the part
that has not been implemented correctly yet.

>  I must confess that I am too new to Zope to fully understand how to
> implement my own template based editing interface. I will take a look at
> MetaPublisher and Squishdot next.

MetaPublisher and Squishdot are great for specific tasks. But I think they
will not do ALL you need. Neither does Kontentor. But the idea of Kontentor
is to give you a framework with configurable forms and templates to start
with. Everything else can be plugged in later.

Cheers,

iuveno AG

Joachim Werner

Wittelsbacherstr. 23b