[Zope] how do i create objects from a python script

Phil Harris phil@harris-family.info
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:48:49 -0000

Could you post the code to the list (just the relevant parts), the
information you've given is not realy sufficient to give a definitive
answer.

btw, could you please refrain from sending HTML formatted mail to this list,
thanks in advance.

----- Original Message -----
From: honey bee
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:43 AM
Subject: [Zope] how do i create objects from a python script

hi,
Can somebody tell me how to create a zope document/folder/method
dynamically?I mean..I need to create it on the fly when I run  a script or
external method.
I tried using the manage_addDTMLMethod(id, title) in an external method.but
it throws up type error.Please help.this is the first time I am trying to
dynamically create zope objects from python but it just doesn't seem to work
and I am stuck.
thanks in advance
regards
A Newbie