[Zope] Zope performing poorly after adding objects to BTreeFolder

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:34:50 GMT

I don't know if this is related specifically to BTreeFolder, or cataloging, but
this is the problem...

I added a BTreeFolder to a regular folder.  I then added 13,115 DTML Documents
to the BTreeFolder.  I had added a ZCatalog and got it going, but the
performance hit from the ZCatalog made me think twice about it so I deleted it.

Unfortunately, some python process (related to Zope) starts running on my
machine when I access the 13,115 records (if nothing more than to list them).
I can watch the python process start eating memory (Zope normally uses about 8%
on that system, but when the runaway process is going, it moves up
incrementally to around 80% of memory according to top).  I have to restart
Zope to cure the problem.  Unfortunately, I have to do this on a regular basis
and it is becoming quite a headache.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,

Ron