[Zope] Zope performing poorly after adding objects to BTreeFolder - More info

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 00:01:47 GMT

I have been running top and have the following observations.

If you start Zope and just let it run, it does so quietly at about 8% of
memory.  If you ask it to do something, it splits into two processes (or at
least two PID's) with roughtly the same memory usage (which, if you add the
two, is over 100%).  The box slows to a crawl, and I have to restart Zope to
clear it all up.  I'm using Zope 2-4-3 on Linux.

Ron

> I don't know if this is related specifically to BTreeFolder, or cataloging,
but
> this is the problem...
>
> I added a BTreeFolder to a regular folder.  I then added 13,115 DTML
Documents