Re[3]: [Zope] ZMySQLDA

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 04:29:16 -0800

At 12:37 PM 1/3/02 +0100, you wrote:
>since MySQL is indeed essential we should give it another try - I
>remember that I had problems with the location of the files too but
>after I get through this I'm quite happy with performance and
>stability of the product so at least it should be worth the effort.

Thank_you_very_much!!!

>I would suggest as the next step:
>look for _mysql.so - is it anywhere on your system ? If yes, copy (or
>make a symlink) of _mysql.so in your
>/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/lib directory and
>restart Zope - be sure, that the user starting zope has proper acces
>rights. If you have ZMySQLDA already installed it should work this
>way.

I believe the problem has to do with the name of the module in question.
Here's the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/lib/python/OFS/Application.py",
line 563, in import_product
     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
   File "/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/OtherProducts/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py",
line 106, in ?
     import sys, os, Globals, DA
   File "/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/OtherProducts/ZMySQLDA/DA.py", line
108, in ?
     from db import DB
   File "/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/OtherProducts/ZMySQLDA/db.py", line
106, in ?
     import MySQL, regex, sys
ImportError: No module named MySQL

>If you don't find _mysql.so you have to install the mysql-Module again
>- you can either use your "standard"-python on your machine and create
>a symlink/copy as described above later or install it with the
>python-interpreter which comes with Zope - that should be in
>/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/bin -

So, should the symlink be to ./bin or ./lib?
TIA,
BenO