[Zope] Capturing Site Errors

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:04:21 -0500

the low-tech solution that i put in place consisted of simply *commenting
out* the dtml-sendmail piece in my standard_html_error page for a little
while until the storm had passed...

i personally always do the email upon "NotFound" because if you put the
HTTP_REFERER info into the email you can locate stale links to your site
and advise the webmaster of the remote site about it.

the worm before that (don't remember the name, there's just way too many
IIS exploits to ever keep track of...) used to look for default.ida only.
for that i put an empty DTML method named default.ida in my site root.
(well, it's not exactly empty, it contains an expletive, hoping some *&^%
will read the default.ida file contents that were found by the worm...)

jens