[Zope] ZSyncer bidirectional ?

hoelzla@t-online.de hoelzla@t-online.de
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:21:56 +0100 (MET)

John Ziniti schrieb:
> I have modified ZSyncer to be able to "pull"
> objects backwards.  This was relatively
> straightforward.  I would be happy to send
> you some code ... what would be best for
> you?  The new Product or diffs on the old
> one?

yes "pull" is the option (and word) i'm searching for, thanks!
some code would be great, if possible both the new Product and diffs.

> Additionally, since you seem in a mood to
> develop ZSyncer, maybe you and the Zope list
> could comment:
>=20
> I'd like to use ZSyncer to sync code that is
> external to ZODB, e.g. External Methods and
> Python Products.

Doesn't this collide with some security concepts?
If you are able to compromise XML-RPC via network your whole Zope=20
system is open through ZSyncer (via compromised External Methods).=20
Otherwise it would we a useful feature for remote development purpose.
=20
> At this point, I'm just hacking away to get
> it in there, mostly using os.system and
> such.  But I would be happy to rethink and
> refactor if the community think it's worth
> the effort.  I think in the long run, Zope
> needs this functionality.
>=20
> Thoughts?

i don't know how EMs are imported into / used in Zope. Maybe the=20
problem (if not using os.system and Co) is to get the source of the=20
module directly from inside Zope, but i don't know.=20

> Ziniti

Thanks a lot.