[Zope] ANN: ZUBB / ZDiscussions 0.7.0 Released

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:33:58 +0100

On Friday 04 January 2002 16:12, BZ wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>
> - I like the preview button idea. Did it on the test board already
> http://www.bwanazulia.com/discussions/test/

Cool!

> - Not sure what you mean about "last post"

When listing all there is a date for when the post was first entered and one
for when the last subpost was entered. I think this is a feature too many.

> - I used to do the NT in text but I like the graphic as it stands out a
> bit.

Just remember, not everyone understands what it means. I for one had to
scroll down to the bottom to find out what it meant.
Is it really important at all?

> - date. done.

Cool! Much better.

> - I display the smaller date in the listings because of size. I find it
> easier to scan for dates and the time is really not that important for that
> listing.

alright.
With all the different standards in the world: "01/05/02" it's hard to tell
if this is 1st day, 1st month or 2001
Perhaps something like this:
01/05 -02
or
05/01 -02

Still difficult to see which one is month and day though.

> - The folder I like. I will probably do something with "hot topics" in the
> future which will up the color of the folder based on the number of posts.

Hot topics is cool.
I've seen that some forums do foldericons (or alike) in flames. That's
intuitive.

Peter