[Zope] Installing CMF 1.1

Shilpa Shenvi sshenvi@nal.usda.gov
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:36:21 -0500

Hello,

I have gone to cmf.zope.org to download CMF 1.1 (proper, not beta).   I am
installing according to the instructions given there, but can't get past
adding the portal_metadata tool.  I can add it, but when I go to configure
the "Elements" tab, I get the following error:

Zope Error Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
Error Type: NameError Error Value: name 'portal_types' is not defined
Troubleshooting Suggestions This resource may be trying to reference a
nonexistent object or variable name 'portal_types' is not defined.  The URL
may be incorrect.  The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.  For
more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML source
for this page.  If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
Thank you for your patience.
 <http://www.zope.org/Credits> <<...OLE_Obj...>>
<http://www.zope.org/Credits>
Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 226, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: portal_metadata)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: elementPoliciesForm)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: elementPoliciesForm)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\Shared\DC\Scripts\Bindings.py,
line 324, in __call__
    (Object: elementPoliciesForm)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\Shared\DC\Scripts\Bindings.py,
line 354, in _bindAndExec
    (Object: elementPoliciesForm)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\App\special_dtml.py, line 244, in
_exec
    (Object: elementPoliciesForm)
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Let.py, line
148, in render
    (Object: spec="getElementSpec( element=REQUEST[ 'element' ] )"
           multi="spec.isMultiValued()"
           tokenz="multi and ':tokens' or ''")
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Let.py, line
147, in render
    (Object: types="portal_types.listContentTypes()")
  File C:\Program Files\zpinst1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
231, in eval
    (Object: portal_types.listContentTypes())
    (Info: portal_types)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
NameError: (see above)

Has anyone else seen anything like this, and if so, what did you do to
correct it?

Thank you,

Shilpa