[Zope] ZClass Question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:07:34 +0100

David Kyte writes:
 > Does anyone know if there are problems inheriting
 > from both DTML Documents and Methods?
 >
 > I want the propeties bit of Documents and the
 > container bits of methods.
I do not think this is usefull:

  DTML Documents inherit from DTML Methods

  Any class that inherits from DTML Document and then DTML Method,
  could simply inherit from DTML Document (and omit the DTML Method).

  When you reverse the inheritance order (DTML Method before DTML Document),
  the object can have properties but you will not be able to access
  them from inside the template.

The better way is to build a ZClass deriving from DTML Method alone
and use a ZClass Property Sheet for properties.

Dieter