[Zope] Zope 2.5 release?

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:30:52 +0100

Dan Jacobs wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently setting up a new co-location server which will host several
> zope sites (in the UK).
>
> Before I install Zope 2.4.3 can anyone tell me how far away we are from a
> stable Zope 2.5?

I would not install x.x.0 of Zope on a production server if I were you.

In my experience it pays well to wait for x.x.2 or x.x.3. The "zero"
releases historically contained too much errors for a production server.

I would, however, heartily recommend to install 2.5.0 as your design
environment, because the errors are not that annoying and severe, and
perhaps more importantly, you will be able to influence and help with
the development of 2.5.1-2.5.3, which will be rock-solid when they come
out.

Furthermore, sadly, x.x.0 is unlikely to be fully documented, and it
won't be before x.x.3 that new API is reflected in Zope Book.

This is my take, based on empirical experience :-)

--
Milos Prudek