[Zope] ZCLass methods

David Kyte david.kyte@microamps.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:19:26 -0000

Hi,

Trying to Grock ZClasses ......

I want to create a text menu product using ZClasses.

I create the product and add a zclass inherriting from
dtmlmethod, then add a propertysheet called
... Properties (duh!)

To the Properties I add a lines property - called Items.

I then add a view enabling access to the properties from
the management interface.

I can now add an instance and access the properties from
another DTMLMethod object

End of part 1 - go for Coffee

I know want to create a ZClass method that displays the
lines, so in the Zclass propertysheets/methods class
I add a dtml method called Show which displays the
Items property. If I add the Show method to the VIEWS
tab then it appears in the instance management interface.

If I create another DTMLMethod called TestMenu which
calls the ZClass instance ( Mn1 )

<dtml-var "Mn1.Show()"> then I egt an error trying
to find the instance method Show.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave