[Zope] Re: Moderate this list?

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:25:32 -0500

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 05:57:36PM -0500, marc lindahl wrote:
> How true!  I think part of the problem is sendmail.  Running it myself, I'm
> still not able to get some of the spam control features to work right (like
> RBL).  And I've noticed lately sometimes spammers are able to hijack my
> sendmail in increasingly evil ways - ever got spam addressed from yourself?
> In fact, I think I saw a post once to the zope mailing list, of spam, from
> my address.... how could mailman stop that??

Generally, spam is malformed, and MTA's try to compensate for unqualified
email addresses by filling in their own dowmain to compensate for the lack
of qualification.

I did get a spam only today that used the same from and to address, BTW.
Just a question of marking the slots to be filled in of course, it is all
just text.. SPamcop isn't so easily fooled, of course, and will find the
culprit easily and efficiently, then informs their ISPs.

--
Martijn Pieters