[Zope] mc-ftp crashes zope

Nicola Larosa nico@tekNico.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:44:09 +0100

 >> when i connect with the gnu-midnight-commander (mc) to my zope-ftp-port
 >> (8021), zope crashes if i submit a wrong login.
 >>
 >> this happens on linux (zope 2.4.3, mc 4.5.51) and freebsd (zope 2.4.1,
 >> mc 4.5.54), so i think it must be a problem of zope...
 >>
 >> ftping with a normal client works well...
 >>
 >> what's wrong with zope and midnight-commander?

 > I have no problem under Debain GNU/Linux Woody with about the same
 > version numbers (mc 4.5.55, zope 2.4.2).

I can confirm this, it's been bothering me for a few months now. It looks
like there's something wrong in both MC and Zope. I am cross-posting to the
MC list too ( http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/mc ).

I'm using MC 4.5.55 and Zope 2.4.3, and this has been going on at least from
MC 4.5.51 and Zope 2.3.1 , on Linux Slackware 7.1 and now 8.0 .

 > By the way I stoped using mc-ftp because Kernel ftpfs is much more
 > transparent and works great!

How does one enable this? I cannot see it in /proc/filesystems .

--
"Mozilla will be around long after nobody can remember
just quite what Internet Explorer actually used to be."

Nicola Larosa - nico@tekNico.net