[Zope] Integrating Zope on NT Lan

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:16:22 -0000

--On 12 January 2002 10:22 -0600 Milt Martin <MiltM@wp.state.ks.us> wrote:

> After evaluating zope (building a few test websites) our state agency
> (Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks)
> is planning a pilot project to use Zope on Linux to build an intranet to
> integrate existing web applications/services.
> Currently these applications run on NT servers and were developed using
> Ultradev, active server pages (IIS) and MS SQL Server.
> We do have The Zope Book but have some startup/newbie questions:
> How do you  setup zope/zserver to use existing NT user id/passwords to
> access Zope web apps so we don't have to maintain an acl-user folder with
> duplicate user id/passwords?
> Note I have reviewed postings/how to's about ntuserfolder/jcntuserfolder
> but I am not confident that I REALLY understand how they're used.
> (i.e. ntuserfolder not usable on Linux Zope?)
> Any advice or clarification would be much appreciated.

>From Unix you need to use smbUserFolder to do this:

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/smbUserFolder

The other option, and more flexible and scalable
in the long term, might be LDAPLoginAdapter

http://www.zope.org/Members/jens/news/LLA_1_4

against W2K Active Directory though I'm not sure
if anyone has reported pulling this off.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/