[Zope] Script (python) shows transaction for adding folder

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:56:41 +0100

Tim Hicks writes:
 > ... Script performs actions on folder ...
 > The transaction refers to adding a folder (and probably another one to add
 > the actual image) to the zodb for the upload.  So, my question is, why does
 > the transaction appear in the undo list for the script, and not the parent
 > folder I'm adding to (which is a BTree folder if that makes any difference)?
Strange:

  I would expect that you get only a single transaction - for the
  script, because there is just one transaction per request.

  I would further expect that the transaction machinery is not
  intelligent enough to assiciate the transaction with the
  correct object in all cases. E.g. a single Script
  can change many objects all over the site.

Dieter