[Zope] Corrupt ZODB on W2k

Tom Cameron tom@mooball.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:35:47 +1000

Chris,
=> Have you tried checking your backups to pinpoint when the corruption
=> happened?

To be honest, the problem is in a client's machine and has only happened
twice in a year. They are not willing to pay me to investigate and I just
dont have the time for such work.

=> One final thing, I find it interesting that exporting and
=> importing seems to fix your problem.

More interesting, I find that export+import as .zexp does not work, but
exporting+import as .xml does work. I really dont know much about the
difference, but the .zexp seems to just grab a chunk of the ZODB errors and
all, but .xml is a true export of the data.

Anyway, I sent this message off for discussion purposes, we have fixed the
problem and moved on. I am just curious about why this happened and if
others have similar experiences.

Tom