[Zope] "Yellow Pages" product

Jens Wolk jewo_lists@gmx.de
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:28:10 +0100

Hi everybody,

I plan to implement a Zope product (possibly using the CMF) which allows to
publish so called "Yellow Pages". Three questions arise:

1) Is the name zyp already taken?
zyp - short for Zope Yellow Pages - seems to be a nice name for the
project. Does any other Zope project already use this name? Does it mean
anything not-so-nice in English or any other language (in German "Zyp"
doesn't mean anything)?

2) What Zope products exist which implement something similar?
Until now I know only "Yihaw Folder"
(http://www.zope.org/Members/EIONET/YihawDirectory) which is almost but not
completely different from what I intend to do ;-)

3) Sourceforge
I plan to use the sourceforge rescources for this project. Is this a bad
idea? Can anybody suggest a better place?

Thank you very much for your patience.

Yours.

Jens Wolk, Berlin