[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Bug Or Feature in ZopeSplitter

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@zope.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:25:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andre Schubert" <andre.schubert@kabeljournal.de>
To: "zope" <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 09:34
Subject: [Zope-dev] Bug Or Feature in ZopeSplitter

> Hi all,
>
> After playing with Zope 2.4.3 and TextIndexes i found out that the
> TextIndex does not Index Digits( "12345" ).
> Thatswhy i looked in the sources and i saw in "next_word", that there is
> the caracter checked with "isalnum", but in "check_synstop" the caracter
> is checked with "isalpha"....?
> This means to me that every DIGIT is a stop-word and not a real
> character.

That is right. Don't ask me about the reason. It is as it is.
However - that's the good news - all three splitter already have
support to configure this behaviour. They will allow to index numbers
(if needed). The changes are currently in the CVS trunk but not
the 2.5 branch. I think they will made it into the 2.5.1 release.
If you need the changed splitters now, checkout the CVS trunk. However
there is no integration yet in the ZMI and you need to tweak the Zope
sources to enable the new features.

- aj