[Zope] how to presev information

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:17:27 +0100

champier2002 writes:
 > I created a page which show different products (from a oracle
 > database) which can be selected (products are shoiwn in checkbox
 > format).
 >
 > As I have a lot of product I also manage button ('Next'
 > and 'previous')
 >
 > The proble is :
 > When I select some products from on page and then I use the
 > button 'next' or 'pervious I lose the selected product of the last
 > page..
I see two options:

  *  you use a Session product

     From Zope 2.5 on, there is one
     bundled with Zope. I use FSSession for ages.

  *  You put the selected values into your "next" and "prev" URLs:
     similar to: "next?start=10&selected=4,7,8

     This requires that your values do not contain ','.
     You would need to use JavaScript to read the selected values
     and make the selected list (4,7,8) above.

     In the target page, you might need to split the string selected
     again to make a list.

     The session solution is easier...

Dieter