[Zope] ZWiki, bug?, Non-/, managers, can't, create, ZWiki's

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:43:16 +0100

Hi all,

I've tried to report the problem below to the tracker at zwiki.org,
but the tracker is broken. Let's just hope ZWiki developers read
this list as well :)

If a user has a manager role somewhere below the Zope server root,
he cannot create 'ZWiki Web (orig)' instances. The ZWikiWebAddForm
in the ZWikiWebs ZClass iterates over the folders in
/Control_Panel/Produtcs/ZWikiWebs:

<dtml-with "PARENTS[-1].Control_Panel.Products.ZWikiWebs">
<dtml-in "objectItems(spec='Folder')" sort=id>
(..)

The purpose of this is to list the available types (basic, original,
zwiki.org, etc)

However, you need to have a manager role at this level (thus at /)
to be able to do this.

If you have your manager role at /foo/bar, then this won't work of
course.

I fixed the problem by replacing the dynamic dtml with rendered html,
and now everything works fine. However, I think the above can be considered
a bug..

Cheers,

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.