[Zope] hide ":8080"

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:30:10 -0500

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:55:12PM -0500, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> ZServer is fine, especially if you don't have a high volume of traffic.

... but watch out for the "slashdot effect". Look into caching
*before* your site gets popular. Aside from Zserver itself, there may
be some particular part of your site that's problematic and that won't
show up under light load.

Also, I've read on this list that Zserver is vulnerable to
D.O.S. attacks due to its http implementation. I don't know if any of
these vulnerabilities have been fixed.

More info can be found in this thread. Check the thread view,
you won't get all the messages just by hitting "Next..."
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-November/104116.html

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com