[Zope] Help! Disabling caching for external method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:44:21 +0100

Satheesh Babu writes:
 > However, whenever I try to call it from a DTML method, the results I get
 > back are
 > (I think) cached ones, regardless of the URL1 I'm passing to it.
The results of External Methods are not cached (at least not
by the External Method (or Zope)).
You must have a different problem.

The problem may well be caching -- by the browser.
You can usually detect this, when you call "reload" with the
"Shift" key pressed. When this gives you the correct
anwser, then the problem was caused by HTTP caching.
There is a HowTo on Zope.org explaining how to control
(HTTP) caching.

Dieter