[Zope] Options for NT authentication and authorization?

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:00:10 -0800

I'm looking for a way to authenticate Zope users off an NT network; on this
count, I know I'm fine - I've used exUserFolder's smb authentication support
without a problem - but, in that case, roles have to be mapped manually.
But I'm looking for a way to check to see if a user is in an NT group in
order to assign particular roles.  Does anyone know if there are any user
folder products or Python libraries for doing this (determining if a user is
a member of a group). Ideally, this would be something that could be done on
a Unix based server authenticating off a WinNT box on the same network,
provided that such is possible...

Thoughts?

Sean

Sean Upton