[Zope] apache + vhm & http-rfc compliance

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:31:55 -0500

Yeah, I was thinking that that looked problematic but hadn't gotten around
to testing it though.  I'm a bit confused with your solution though:

> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)

http://localhost:25080/zopefolder/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/VirtualH
ostRoot/$1 [P]

http://localhost:25080/zopefolder/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/VirtualH
ostRoot/$1 [P]

You seem to indicate that this is working for you but I would have thought
that you would have cared more about SERVER_PORT, not HTTP_HOST...I don't
think HTTP_HOST is supposed to have the port on it, is it?

I would think a solution *like* this would be most flexible (at its
simplest):

<VirtualHost *>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:%{SERVER_PORT}/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

I'll try to check it out myself on a test machine, but are there any Apache
gods who can bless or curse this approach, as it were?

Gary