[Zope] PDF's behave different with MS 5.0 Browsers

Tanalahy tanalahy@web.de
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:16:36 +0100

Hi!

As a beginner in Zope I created an intranet solution for 1800 employees in=
=20
a big factory. People should be able to publish documents, but there occurs=
=20
a problem with PDF files.

PDF's imported by the manager's add-file-dialog can be seen by users with=20
MS Internet Explorer 5.0 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 - 4.0.

But I wrote another more special upload dialog, which uses the add-file=20
method too. But by this way, PDF's cannot be displayed by the above=20
constellation, even all the properties look the same. The file type is=20
"application/pdf", but MS 5.0 browsers complain, that no appropriate viewer=
=20
can be found.

Only upgrading to IE 5.5 with Acrobat 5.0 makes no difference.

Does anyone have some idea what makes the difference or can provide a=20
solution. We soon should publish the intranet solution, but we cannot=20
upgrade all the workstations. So we are in unexpected trouble. Need help=
 soon.

Thank very much
J=FCrgen

Mail: treutler@vaovaoweb.de

Listing:
"""
Create a file entry.
"""
# create a unique document id
id=3D'file_%s' % stamp
valid_from =3D y1 + "/" + m1 + "/" + d1
expires =3D y2 + "/" + m2 + "/" + d2

# create the document
context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(id, title=3Dfile_title,=20
file=3Dfile_name)

# add some properties
doc=3Dgetattr(context, id)
doc.manage_addProperty('autor', autor, 'string')
doc.manage_addProperty('abteilung', abteilung, 'string')
doc.manage_addProperty('valid_from', valid_from, 'date')
doc.manage_addProperty('expires', expires, 'date')
doc.manage_addProperty('order', order, 'int')
doc.manage_addProperty('siteMap', siteMap, 'boolean')