[Zope] PDF's behave different with MS 5.0 Browsers

Tanalahy tanalahy@web.de
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:38:38 +0100

Dear Supporters!

My ZOPE Version is already 2.5.0b2, so I was happy to find this bug in=20
Zope's HTTP Range support fixed. This was our first real big stepping stone=
=20
a few weeks ago.

The actual problem could be solved by dropping the DLL "nppdf32.dll" from=20
the ADOBE Acrobat installation path into the MS 5.0 Internet Explorer's=20
PLUGIN-Folder. This DLL exists for Acrobat 4.0 (50KB) and 5.0 (110KB). Some=
=20
older installations in my company did not install it this way. If several=20
Explorer 5.0 directories exist, Adobe chooses only one: A trap, if IE=20
starts from the other location.

Thank you very much for the idea to visit the MS Knowledgebase. This=20
article (Q262213) explains a solution. But there is still a different=20
treatment of PDF's imported into the ZOPE database, if I use different=20
dialogs. Is there a tool how to analyse the database, without reading it in=
=20
a text modus?

This quite solved problem nearly killed the new Intranet project,

Thank You and Take Care
J=FCrgen Treutler

Mail: treutler@vaovaoweb.de