[Zope] well-behaved dtml-tree tag without frames

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:57:38 +0100

Andreas Leitner writes:
 > Now this is how my /show_tree looks like:
 > --
 > <dtml-tree id="/show_tree" skip_unauthorized expr="/visible_tree"
 > branches="objectValues">
 > 	<dtml-var title_or_id>
 > </a>
 > </dtml-tree>
What strange "id" and "expr" you are using....

When I read the doc, I had the impressions that "id" should be a method
name, but sure enough "/show_tree" is a very stange method name.

In earlier Zope versions, "dtml-tree" did not evaluate the "expr"
attribute (a bug). Apparently, this is still the case with
your Zope version. Otherwise, you should get a SyntaxError,
because "/visible_tree" is not a valid Python expression.

There are various HowTos at Zope.org about use of "dtml-tree".
Maybe, you should read them...

Dieter