[Zope] Adding a Factory results in a new ZCatalog index type

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:17:10 +0100

> > when i add a new product through the zope management interface (call it
> > myTest for example) and then add a new Zope Factory in this Product
> > (with the "Add list name" something like TEST), "TEST" will be also
> > listed in the "Select type to add"-list of the Index-Tab in a ZCatalog...
> >
> > I've tested this on fresh installations of 2.4.3 and 2.5.0b4. same
> > results. i think i must do something with "filtered_meta_types", but i
> > don't know what.
> >
> > can anyone give me clue? or is it a bug?
>
> Uhm, no. Thats whats supposed to happen. When you create a new type of
> product, you need a way to create the object that instantiates the product.
> And the add box is it. So nothing is broken, everything is as it should.

Adding the new product metatype to the "Select type to add..." in the
Management Interface is that what I want and what i get!!! but I DON'T want an
entry in the "Add list name" in a ZCATALOG's INDEX-Tab. What to do?

thank you

mjablonski.