[Zope] Running Zope on managed Web server

Matt Paddock mapdock@pair.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:20:28 -0500

Hello,
	I'm brand spanking new to Zope, but managed to get it
installed and running on a home system.  Pair hosts my Web
site, and I'd like to use Zope, but I'm a little confused
about the best way to do this.

	Is it enough to build content and do development on my
home system and upload to my Pair site(s), or do I really
need to be accessing and developing through an installed copy
of Zope on Pair?

	If the latter is true, how can I best configure Zope to
be accessible through my Pair account.  Reading WEBSERVERS.txt
I actually was able to fire up pcgi and log into the Zope in-
terface through http://my.web.address.com:8080/manage.  So, if
I can do that, does it mean I'm all set and ready to be building
my site with Zope on Pair?

	If you only answer one question, tell me how I can learn
to use Zope if I'm installing and running it on a managed site
where I don't have privileges to Apache/IIS or any Web server?

Thanks so much!

Matt