[Zope] how to request a multiple select list?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:11:21 +0100

Juergen R. Plasser / HEXAGON writes:
 > I have just a problem with a lines property of an object that should be
 > edited. I use a form with hidden fields (for the lines property of the
 > object there is a <input name="abc" type="hidden" values="<dtml-var
 > user_list>">).
This makes the "value" a string of the form "['user1','user2',...]"

The easiest solution is to use a Session object (sessions are a standard
part of Zope from 2.5 on. However usable only above 2.5b4) to store
the list (rather than coding in the HTML form).

The next easiest solution is to use one hidden variable for each
list element, like that

     <dtml-in user_list>
       <input name="abc:list" type="hidden" value="&dtml-sequence-item;">
     </dtml-in>

Note, that your REQUEST will not contain "abc", if "user_list" happens
to be empty. Otherwise, it will be the reconstituted "user_list".

Dieter