[Zope] grabbing web pages, stuffing into sql

Pieter Claerhout pieter.claerhout@pandora.be
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:33:24 +0100

Yes, take a look at the product called KebasData. Does exactly that. You can
attach a DTML to it that does the database part.

The URL is: http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/KebasData

Cheers,

Pieter

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Donald Braman
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:27 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] grabbing web pages, stuffing into sql

I know most folks want to take data out of a database adn create web pages,
but I want to do the reverse. I want to grab any old web page that I like
and stuff it into a sql database, and I'd like to do this with Zope. I have
a table with a column that contains all the urls of the pages I want to
grab, I'm just not sure how to do the grabbing. Advice, tips, or tricks?

db

ps. I also posted this question to the recipe tracker.
http://www.zope.org/Members/runyaga/recipe_tracker/50/1