[Zope] Permissions etc

Andrew Perella ajp@eutechnyx.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:28:56 -0000

I have a site with 3 users : user,man,super with different levels of
security permissions.

I have great trouble understanding how permissions relate to different
activities.

For example all these users have view history enabled - and can in fact see
the history view in a zwiki site. However none but the superuser can
actually click on one of the history items to view it - I suspect this is
because only superusers can edit history items - but others should be able
to view them surely (?)

Another problem is that I wanted the ability for users to add images and
files (eg word docs) onto the wiki site and so provide a link to:
http://site:8080/mywiki/manage_addProduct/OFSP/fileAdd
Now all users get this page but then are unauthorised to  submit the file
when pressing Add.

On a more general note bout zwiki. All the content dgoes in one directory
which is getting a bit cumbersome. I tried moving some zwiki pages into
subfolders but these fail to find the parent links when rendering and so
fail. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andrew

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English law.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322