[Zope] Temp files and disk space issues

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:50:34 -0800

Sounds like subtransactions are being committed or some other use of
tempfile.  Install "lsof" on your server to view a table of your file
descriptors, and you should be able to see the open files, which you can
grep through to find what you want (i.e. grep for Zope's pid).

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Muldrow [mailto:cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 8:43 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Temp files and disk space issues

What are the implications if tempfile.py creates a temporary file and then
runs out of space before it's done? Does it create a named file that we'd be
able to watch throughout certain operations? Basically, we're noticing our
var directory (which is a partition on our server) bloat and then shrink,
and we suspect it's some sort of temp file that's being created. It appears
to be filling up entirely at times. - Chris
cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com