[Zope] How to limit the number of Zope processes?

Phil Harris phil@harris-family.info
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:49:03 -0000

Gregory,

I'm betting that what your seeing as processes are actually  threads.

On a Linux box the ps program lists threads as processes, so when you see 5
zope processes you've more likely got a main zope process with 4 extra
threads.

hth

Phil
----- Original Message -----
From: Gregory Popovitch
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 1:43 AM
Subject: [Zope] How to limit the number of Zope processes?

I run Zope 2.4.3 on Linux-x86.

I would like to limit the number of Zserver processes that are automatically
started, in order
to manage my server resources. I have found the -t option which limits the
number of threads
per process, but I couldn't locate any configuration for the number of
processes.

If this is not configurable, could someone point me to the location in the
code that starts new
processes?

Thanks,

Gregory Popovitch