[Zope] Problems with setting Local Managers

Agata Cruickshank a.cruickshank@ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:27:36 -0000

I am a zope 'newbee' and would really appreciate if someone could help me.
I am trying to set up a manager on a sub-folder 'Sales' in Sales/acl_users
folder, but when I try to log on http://mydomain.com:8888/../../Sales/manage
and enter the password in the prompt box I do get unauthorised error (I can
get in by entering the password of the manager whose details are stored
under root/acl_users folder. I don't get this error on a local installation
of Zope, so I assume it has something to do with the way Zope is installed
on the server. I run Zope 2.4.3 binary release on sunos5 operating system,
with Apache front end connected via PCGI. It runs on 8888 port. It seems
that Zope cannot find a path to acl_user folder in any subfolder, and only
manages to get to acl_users under Root Folder. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Agata