[Zope] Calling ZSQL methods with implicit arguments

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:11:39 +1100

On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 01:01  AM, Nuno Maltez wrote:
> <dtml-in myZsqlMethod>
> </dtml-in>
>
> Now, what I want to do, is not to iterate but simply to store the
> Results
> object in a variable (in DTML or even in an External Method, I don't
> care),
> so I can later pass it as an argument to another method.
>
> However simple this looks, it seems that when I use the ZSQL method
> inside
> an expression I must use Explicit arguments, meaning I can't do
> something like
>
> <dtml-let results="myZsqlMethod">
> </dtml-let>
>
> Is this possible? Am I missing somthing terribly obvious?

Try:
	<dtml-let results=myZsqlMethod>

Putting quotes around myZsqlMethod changes its meaning, in exactly the
same way as with the dtml-var or dtml-in tags (so
<dtml-let results="myZsqlMethod()"> should also work).

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/