[Zope] ConflictError (ID-Counter for all Documents)

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:00:15 +0000

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:16:19 +0100, Thomas Guettler
<zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

>>The easiest solution is to use only one publisher thread. That means
>>no concurrency, no conflicts, but limited scalability.
>>
>Would this mean that if someone is downloading a 100MB file all other=20
>request have to wait?

no, medusa takes care of sending responses back to a slow client.=20

However, it would block if one of your methods made a slow call to a
backend database, for example.

>I already asked this in an other thread: How can I get somethink like a=20
>syncronized block in Java?
>
>syncronize{
> last_id=3Dlast_id+1
>}

Zope's concurrency model is very different; I suggest you look at the
documentation on www.zope.org.

As for *why* its different.... how would you implement that syncronize
block across multiple servers?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com