[Zope] Multiple Inserts Using Sybase DAV

Kia A. Arab karab@stsci.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:40:38 -0500

The sql_delimiter does work with Sybase. However, the thing that is
tripping me up is that the values I'm trying to get into the database
are in a list. The html form is a multiple selection menu and the
selections are put in a list under one name (in this case,
NAME=keywords).

The ACTION on my html form is a dtml-method that verifies the input, and
then makes a dtml-call to a sql method. But, how do you make a  dtml
call to a python script and pass it a 'list' parameter? If I can pass it
correctly, the Python-script would then manipulate the list and send
each list value to a sql-method to insert the value in a database. Tried
every which way, but not luck. I can't seem to
1 - get the values from my html form passed to a python script, then
2 - get the python script to pass the list values to a sql-method

Any help is appreciated. Again, please email me directly.
Thanks,
K.